Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Dec 27 The Page of Wands

I like getting my court cards, it's like seeing the faces of people I know. Some I like more than others, but they all give good advice. Today's Page always tries to bring me new experiences and opportunities, which I love. Yesterday LN and I spent the afternoon learning how to set up users and permissions, preparatory to setting up hierarchies. I took notes, he did not. Will I set up the hierarchy? I will not. But I will help him. New desks Jan 4 or so. If LN thinks I'm moving frickin' furniture he's got another think coming. Either way, I think we're out on Jan 9 for sure. So exciting! BGH plans: Possible sports bar at pool level; have quiet "meet and talk" lounge on main floor. Good ideas both, but in summer people expect bands. No employees, ever, drinking. Good luck keeping track of who is, and isn't currently an employee but NOT MY PROBLEM. Changing menu, higher prices in Chinook. Locals will bitch and stay away in droves...which could be part of the plan. Has hand-chosen Controller, Resort Ops, IT. So he will be the eye in the sky, manipulate the money however he wants, and have a to-the-death loyal lieutenant. Look out. Must remember to give this insight to Pampam. Can't wait to see what arrangements at golf course - will he pander to locals? Doubt it. Interested to see how he handles gift shop/golf shop inventories. Will Ryan be smart enough to "gift" him?

No comments: